The National Equipment Finance Association (NEFA) is a national association serving small- to mid-size independent equipment finance companies, lessors and brokers. It is a non-profit trade association created to represent the equipment leasing and finance industry throughout North America by providing a forum for personal and professional growth through networking, education and involvement. NEFA offers enhanced programs, premium networking opportunities and greater geographic and industry segment diversity.
NEFA was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Northbrook, Illinois. It was formed through the strategic merger of two dynamic organizations, the United Association of Equipment Leasing (UAEL) and the Eastern Association of Equipment Lessors (EAEL).
NEFA serves a segment of the equipment finance industry focused on business growth and development, and is a leader in education and ethics advocacy. The mission of NEFA is to provide a forum for members to pursue personal and professional growth, ethics, advocacy, networking, education and involvement. This mission is accomplished through:
- Fostering the exchange of information and ideas within the equipment leasing and commercial finance industry by providing opportunities to discuss, debate and publish subjects of interest to members;
- Holding local, regional and national meetings and conferences for the improvement and education of members;
- Developing and encouraging the practice of high standards of personal and professional conduct by members;
- Collecting and disseminating industry information; and
- Recognizing individuals and firms who make outstanding contributions to the equipment leasing and commercial finance industry.
NEFA members are brokers/syndicators, lessors, funding sources and service providers. Most members are engaged in the small-ticket and middle-market arena. They originate, buy, sell, manage and service financing and leasing portfolios. Members of NEFA benefit from high-quality education programs, a national conference with enhanced content and access to networking events around the country.
For more information, go to www.nefassociation.org.